[time-nuts] Method for comparing oscillators

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 00:58:43 UTC 2009

Thanks Dave. I am looking for 112N   Bert

In a message dated 8/3/2009 7:25:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
masondg44 at comcast.net writes:

>  Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:36:40 EDT
> From: EWKehren at aol.com
>  Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Method for comparing  oscillators

<snip>
> My goal is to keep the total material  cost below $200. I have  received
> valuable suggestions from  Bruce, some I am incorporating as long as it
> does
> stay with  in the $ 200.00. I am a strong believer in KISS and have almost
>  completed the total PC layout. All IC's are DIP! The board  is
partitioned
> in
> such a way that it can be cut up in three  sections  or be left as one.
Two
> parts are Isolation amplifiers  and mixer with all  associated circuits
the
> third section  separating the two sides is the counter.  Price quote for
>  the
> board is $ 22.00 in fifty and $ 30.00 in ten quantity. When   complete and
> tested all information will be made available to  every  one. The only
> component
> I have trouble buying is  the 74 AC 112. Newark has  them, but you have to
> buy thousands.  Material cost based on part searches is  below $ 200.00.
> Let me  make clear I am not trying to push the limits of technology but
>  take
> a conservative and KISS approach. Many will be able to make  meaningful
> tests  where the limit will be their sources not the  test set up.
> What is missing is the two u Processor choices and the  programming. I
have
> only limited knowledge in that field. I am looking  for some one that is
> willing  to perform that task. The proper u  Processors need to be picked
> and
> they will  have to be  programmed. Two of the identical three may be
> something
> like  the PIC  1220. Once selected I can complete the board and order
>  prototypes. The  programming should be simple, but that is easy to say
for
> someone
> that never had  to do so. Any body willing  to help, please contact me.
> Obviously PC software  also has to be  created, to use the data from the
> five
> counters. Any body  that  will do the programming will be a recipient of a
> prototype  board.
....<snip>

> Bert Kehren

Digikey stocks  the 74AC112E, and is available in unit quantities for $0.68
USD  each.  Price breaks for larger  quantities.
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=296-4223-5-
ND

Dave  M