[time-nuts] [OT] Help needed with HP 16700A

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 5 02:53:25 UTC 2009

Yep,  the problem follows the interface board.   Utterly baffling...  there is really nothing to go wrong.  Signals buzz out correctly cable end-to-cable end.  I replaced the DIN connectors.  All components measure correctly.  I don't remember the values, but the diodes are standard 1N4148's used as overshoot clamps.  R's and C's are nothing special.

The 16700 series systems work fine with every PS/2 keyboard and mouse I have ever connected.  I have a fully configured 16702B in the shop...  seldom use it.   I much prefer the 16500B because it boots in 15 seconds compared to minutes on the 16500C and 16700 series machines.