[time-nuts] Method for comparing oscillators

Robert Lutwak Lutwak at alum.mit.edu
Wed Aug 5 11:06:49 UTC 2009

Sam gave a thorough paper on the 5120 technology at the 2009
FCS/EFTF. I don't know if the proceedings are published on the IEEE
archive yet, but they should be soon.

He has also given a tutorial on digital phase measurement for the
past 5-6 years at the NIST Time & Frequency Seminar
(http://tf.nist.gov/seminars/T&Foverview.html).

Occasionally, he also gives a tutorial on phase measurement at the
FCS. See, for example,
http://www.ieee-uffc.org/frequency_control/teaching/stein_2002_files/frame.htm

-RL

-----------------------
Robert Lutwak
Symmetricom - Technology Realization Center
<mhtml:mid://00000000/mailto:RLutwak@Symmetricom.com>RLutwak at Symmetricom.com
(Business)
<mhtml:mid://00000000/mailto:Lutwak@Alum.mit.edu>Lutwak at Alum.mit.edu
(Personal)
(978) 232-1461                              (Desk)
(339) 927-7896                              (Mobile)
(978) 927-4099                              (Facsimile)

At 03:13 AM 8/5/2009, you wrote:
>I had a quick look at the manual. From the block diagram of the
>technique, seems that one could use the USRP board (Ettus Research)
>and GNU Radio functions to do the whole thing. Oddly, the OSRP board
>clock is 64 MHz....
>Don Latham
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com>

-RL