[time-nuts] TubeSat Personal Satellite Kit

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Aug 5 23:02:24 UTC 2009

christopher hoover wrote:

> Anyone want to chip in and launch some clocks?  :-)
>
> http://spacefellowship.com/2009/08/01/interorbital-syatems-tubesat-personal-satellite-kit/
>

> Excerpt below.

Well, considering that it needs to fit into a 200 gram weigth limit,
85,6 mm in diameter and 50,8 mm long space for what ever "fun" to tag
along, the radio does probably not allow for any neat frequency or
modulation tricks and the fun is for somewhere between 3 and 13 weeks,
it has some challenges.

What I in particular is missing is the vibration and acceleration specs
that would be needed for design and testing.

Another issue is what kind of capacity and such the uplink/downlink has.

Then there is all kinds of other issues as expected radiation levels,
temperature etc. etc.

The 2 page datasheet leaves a little too much details out. Hopefully
things will clear up.

While I know you had a tounge-in-cheek to it, it is healthy to analyze
things. :)

I think we have a few bird-designers here to be able to dump serious
criticism compared to my futile little commnents.

Cheers,
Magnus