[time-nuts] HP 105B Problem?

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Sat Aug 8 21:08:30 UTC 2009

Likely yes, but check the spec. If the output circuit is a low Zout buffer
amp and two separate roughly 50 Ohm resistors, they should be independent.
Or, two distinct buffers could be used too.

You can do a simple check with an Ohmmeter, with the unit powered OFF.
Measure the R between the front and rear output center pins. If it's close
to zero, they are likely just paralleled, not individually buffered.

As to the amplitude growth, try a different cable length., It might be a
resonance w/ the cable length terminated by the 'scope's C.

Best,
-John

[snip]