[time-nuts] Obscure terms

Had had at to-way.com
Thu Aug 20 21:33:58 UTC 2009

Gawd, I actually remember the Slug.

[]

Had
K7MLR

At 02:18 PM 8/20/2009, you wrote:

>There is a unit of force in the old fps system called the slug. Then you get
>derivations such as work units of slug feet or loadings of slugs per square
>foot etc.
>

>Morris

>and follow the instructions there.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
A fine is a tax for doing wrong.  A tax is a fine for doing well.

Peter Cooper, of Fermi Lab, says, "Every experimentalist knows
that the apparatus, or at least your understanding of it, is
always at fault until demonstrated otherwise." He also says,
"Nature is really unmoved by what I, or anyone else, believes."

protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should