[time-nuts] Using cheap sound cards for measurements

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Fri Aug 21 18:58:55 UTC 2009

If isolation turns out to be a problem, I imagine it would be practical to
use two separate sound cards.  It may not be practical to compensate for the
frequency-dependent effects of channel leakage, but timing/rate differences
between two independent cards should be less important and/or easier to
calibrate out.  Unless I'm overlooking something, ADC timing precision and
accuracy would be directly improved by the heterodyne ratio, just as
effective TIC performance is improved in a classical DMTD configuration.

-- john, KE5FX