[time-nuts] Obscure terms

Eric Williams wd6cmu at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 22 07:13:00 UTC 2009

I used to work with CDF.  Wildfires are measured in chains, not acres.

Property lots in the US are located by range and township.  It's a system
where the origin moves from place to place.  I was told the founding fathers
invented it to make it purposely hard for a central government to find
things.