[time-nuts] [Fwd: Re: Racal 1992]

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 23:18:05 UTC 2009

The output of all oscillators is 10MHz, 04B an 04E have doublers
connected to the 5MHz ocxo (04A? I only have the B and E versions).

Part # 04A 11-1710
Frequency: 10MHz
Aging Rate: 3 x 10^-9 / day averaged over 10 days after 3 months
continuous operation.
Temperature Stability: +-3 x 10^-9 / C averaged over range 0 to +45C
(operable to +50C).
Warm Up: Typically +-1 x 10^-7 within 6 minutes.

Part # 04B 11-1711
Frequency: 10MHz
Aging Rate: 5 x 10^-10 / day averaged over 10 days after 3 months
continuous operation.
Temperature Stability: +-6 x 10^-10 / C averaged over range 0 to +45C
(operable to +50C).
Warm Up: Typically +-1 x 10^-7 within 20 minutes.

Part # 04E 404386
Frequency: 10MHz
Aging Rate: <=5 x 10^-10 / day averaged over 10 days.
Temperature Stability: <=7 x 10^-9 / C averaged over range 0 to +50C.
Line Voltage Stability: <=5 x 10^-10 two minutes after a 10% line
voltage change.

The 04E option is from a later series of the 1992 and has a superior
construction than the 04B but the specs show it has an inferior
temperature stability. I have various pdfs collected over time if
anyone wants them, PM me.

73,
Steve

2009/8/28 Ed Palmer <ed_palmer at sasktel.net>:
> As far as I can tell, all the 1991/1992 oscillators are 5 MHz.  They all
> have a frequency doubler board attached to the bottom of the oscillator.
>  Some are labelled as 5 MHz, some are labelled as 10 MHz.  But they all
> interface to the counter at 10 MHz.
>
> Ed
>
> iovane at inwind.it wrote:
>>
>> I think this series is not the one used on 1992, but on racal receivers
>> and exciters. I have some, and they look different. They have a 5 MHz
>> output, while the 04E is rated at 10 MHz, even if the crystal is cut for 5
>> MHz.
>>
>> Antonio I8IOV
>>

>>> Hi Alan,
>>>
>>> Small attachments seem to be okay.  Let's find out! :-)
>>>
>>> I didn't realize that there was a whole family of 9400 series
>>> oscillators.  Unfortunately, your sheet doesn't include the part numbers
>>> that the 1991/1992 documentation includes although there are some family
>>> similarities.  Still, it's good info to have.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ed

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
A man with one clock knows what time it is;
A man with two clocks is never quite sure.