[time-nuts] OT: Power level reference

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Wed Dec 2 13:10:11 UTC 2009

At 12:30 AM 12/2/2009, J. Forster wrote...
>[re: tek 7704]
>Really? The most successful 'scope in history.

Odd, since Tek themselves has called the 2200 series "the most
successful oscilloscopes in the world." And, they were contemporaneous
with the 7704A.

> > Sure, you can buy an uncalibrated 3400A (good to ~150W), and get
> some
> > unknown amount worse than 5% accuracy.
>
>Apparently, you don't know what an HP 3400A is.

Apparently, neither does HP, since you appear to also disagree with the
specifications given in HP's datasheet (Meter accuracy 5% @3-10 MHz)?
(I'll admit I made an err with the watts - I looked at the dbm spec)

http://www.teknetelectronics.com/DataSheet/HP_AGILENT/HP__3400A.pdf

>Stick to political blogs.

You amaze yourself. But, I won't get in a pissing match with someone
who makes things up, gives snide and vague rebuttals, provides no
references, and feels a need to make personal attacks. Buh-bye!