[time-nuts] Audio recording with time code

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Sat Dec 12 01:12:46 UTC 2009

My first thought was using IRIG on one of the channels. I could buy a
copy of NMEATime to generate the IRIG, but then I don't have anything
to decode it on playback.

After more thought, I am going to try a simpler solution and see how
it works. I'm going to use a program that has a VOX capability and set
it to name each file based on the date/time. After the VOX times out,
a new file will be created. This way, small files will be created and
any given playing time can be easily computed from the start time,
which is the file name. This is accurate to the current second, which
is good enough for my present needs.

Joe Gray
KA5ZEC