[time-nuts] FE-5680A Opt 58 with different DDS board

Murray Greenman Murray.Greenman at rakon.com
Mon Dec 14 20:22:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about a version of the FEI FE-5650A Rb
Synthesizer with a different synthesizer board to the one we know and
love?

I've just been sent one of these units with a completely different
board. It now has the AD9835 device on the back, and more chips on the
top. The rest of the unit looks 'normal'.

I've attached a photo of two units showing the synthesizer boards, with
the one we are used to shown at the top, and the one I'd like to know
more about on the bottom. I'd appreciate ANY info, but clearly the
connections to the 15-way connector J1 and comms details would be most
useful.

I'm hoping to write control software for this new version, so anything I
learn could have wider benefits.

Regards,

Murray Greenman ZL1BPU