[time-nuts] Datum Exactime 9390-6000 question

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Tue Dec 15 20:57:46 UTC 2009

Rich Stolte wrote:
> I have two Datum 9390-6000 GPS receivers that show the current year as being
> 1997. This is due to a known problem with the algorithm on older exactime
> units which is detailed in a field service bulletin here -
> <http://www.symmetricom.com/media/files/support/ttm/fsb/098-50620-011.pdf>
> http://www.symmetricom.com/media/files/support/ttm/fsb/098-50620-011.pdf
> Other than showing the wrong year, they work fine as a frequency standard,
> etc.
>
> Please let me know if anyone can help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich Stolte

Rich,

We have two of these units on our telescopes. One was new enough to upgrade via
a free PROM from Symmetricom; the other was too old for them to be interested in
upgrading (other than selling us a new one, of course!).

So we're researching replacement possibilities and limping along with software
that substitutes the correct year into the data string.

--David Forbes
   Arizona Radio Observatory