[time-nuts] are any time-nuts also random-nuts?

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Thu Dec 24 21:56:03 UTC 2009

Many years ago, when the State Lottern Numbers Game started up here, I
noticed that doubles were coming up a lot...  like 4662. I was utterly
convinced they were overrepresented.

However, being cheap and sane, I decided to test the theory before
spending $$. I collected ALL the numbers for a year or more and did
statistical tests, including FFTs on each digit wheel.

Bottom line, the numbers were random. It was my PERCEPTION of a pattern
that was tricking me.

All in, I spent $1 for a ticket to read.

YMMV,

-John