[time-nuts] Bob Camp's Rb efforts

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Fri Dec 25 00:45:14 UTC 2009

Hi Bob,

I am beginning to wonder if perhaps you may be fooling yourself as to the expected end quality of your efforts regarding all this Rb reconstruction.  These "telecom" units are not in the same class as a hp 5065 unit.

That said, if you study the pictures, previously published, of the insides it is obvious that the physics package, itself, is separate from the electronic boards.  Thus it is possible to separate them such that the electronic boards can be outside of the heating mechanism of the physics package.
Careful repackaging should allow for better control of the physics package so its impact on the electronics is not such a problem.

You have to keep in mind that the packaging was done to fit into small spaces such as card racks.  There is no requirement to keep it that way for your purposes.

I will send, in direct email, the pictures that I am referring to for your perusal.

Bill....WB6BNQ