[time-nuts] Lady Heather's Fat Client

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 04:28:19 UTC 2009

Hi John,

Sorry for the late posing to this thread but just to let you know that
this works very well under OpenSuSE 11.2 Linux running under wine and
installs without any problems. It would be great to see a Linux port
of this software and I wonder what would be involved with this as
there is obviously no windowing code so it would, hopefully, be mostly
I/O.

Congratulations on an excellent application and thanks for your time
spent on producing such a useful application.

Best Regards,
Steve

2009/12/8 John Miles <jmiles at pop.net>:
> Looking for a few Lady Heather users to stress-test the new TSIP-to-IP
> gateway in the upcoming 3.00 release.  If you install this beta of the
> Windows version:
>
>        http://www.ke5fx.com/heather/beta.exe (1 MB)
>
> ... you'll see an icon called "KE5FX Thunderbolt."  This will launch Heather
> with the command-line option /ip=ke5fx.dyndns.org, which should give you
> full access to a Thunderbolt at my location.
>
> Up to 8 clients at a time can log in and abuse this Thunderbolt.  This is a
> test mule, so you can play with its settings and configuration.  Any
> configuration or parameter changes made by one user should be immediately
> visible to other users.
>
> Any bugs in the remote access functionality should be reported to me at
> jmiles at pop.net (not to the list, unless genuinely of community interest).
> I'll try to leave the server running for at least a few days.  During that
> time, you may be booted from the server if I update and restart it, so don't
> report normal forced disconnections.
>
> Connection attempts should never fail; if more than 8 clients try to
> connect, the oldest remote client will be booted off the server to make
> room.  (This also means it's OK to camp on the server for as long as you
> like.)
>
> Thanks, and be gentle, it's her first time...
>
> -- john, KE5FX

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
A man with one clock knows what time it is;
A man with two clocks is never quite sure.