[time-nuts] Antennas, roofs

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Feb 18 09:00:40 UTC 2009

In message <619502179.1235901234946739463.JavaMail.root at sz0108a.emeryville.ca.m
ail.comcast.net>, d.seiter at comcast.net writes:

>> A slightly crazy idea... Has anybody poked antennas up inside a skylight?

Yes, it works, I have a M12T running that way.  It is an acrylic
or polycarbonate (not sure) dome type skylight.

When I replaced the roof on my house, I had three 1/2" wirepipes installed
over one of the attic windows and had three irons mounted under the tiles
for attachment of antennas:

	http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc/dscf0180.jpg

So now I can just open the window and fiddle with my antennas as much as
I like.

The wirepipes are wide enough that a BNC can be squeezed through.

Poul-Henning