[time-nuts] Thunderbolt serial port

J. L. Trantham jltran at worldnet.att.net
Fri Feb 20 03:22:49 UTC 2009

Brian,

I had a failure of a TAPR Thunderbolt where the 10 MHz out was present
(though not disciplined and, therefore, not 10.0000000000 MHz on my 5370B
when 'clocked' by another disciplined Thunderbolt) but there was no 1 PPS
and there was no ability to communicate via the serial port.

I have not had a chance to explore the origin of the failure but plan to at
some point.  I suspect you have a similar failure to what I had.  The 10 MHz
was close, like yours, but not exact.

I would be very interested in knowing what you might find as the 'failed
component'.

Thanks,

Joe