[time-nuts] Different Thunderbolt versions

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Feb 21 16:46:31 UTC 2009

> I believe that the blue trace (#3) on the last figure from John Miles'
> page [3] is with the integrated 24 to -12, +12, +5 V PSU. So you are
> better off buying a cheap barebones Thunderbolt and a cheap linear PSU.

That's my thinking, assuming the currently-available surplus ones all have
good-quality rocks like the TAPR ones did.  I don't have any basis to
speculate on that, or to assume that all of the older Thundebolts with PIEZO
OCXOs are as unstable (and spur-ridden) as mine was.

My original unit had been in continuous service for over 5 years at the time
I measured it.   Until the TAPR group buy happened, it was the only one I'd
ever used.

-- john, KE5FX