[time-nuts] Fw: How to schedule a leap second on 5071A?

Neon John jgd at johngsbbq.com
Thu Jan 1 00:35:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:12:52 -0800, "Tom Van Baak" <tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:

>>> Does your "web nixie clock" display the leap second properly?
>>
>> Last I remember it did. I guess we'll find out in a few minutes...
>>
>> http://www.leapsecond.com/java/nixie.htm
>>
>> /tvb
>
>Yes, see attached iPod screenshot. But then it started
>counting down; a JavaScript bug I now remember that I
>need to fix in the next year or two. It's tricky to debug a
>event that only happens a few times a decade...
>
>Attached also is www.time.gov doing the right thing.

Tom,

Are you going to put those photos on your website?  If not, I'd like to put
them on mine.  I've been explaining leap seconds to some folks and would like
to show 'em what it looks like.

FWIW, my Magellan Meridian Platinum correctly saw the event but over a minute
off. See attached WTF?  I knew that the displayed time on a GPS wasn't all
that accurate but over a minute?  I'm so embarrased.  Do I have to turn in my
Time Nut badge?
--
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com