[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Leapsecond missing

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 01:02:16 UTC 2009

Well,  when you think about it that is exactly what is supposed to happen with GPS time... it is a continuous time scale without those pesky leapy discontinuities.  My Tbolt feeds a system that is on GPS time.  I did not want to upset it by changing the time to UTC,  and I did want to see how  the Thunderbolt GPS time scale handled it (and figured most people would be monitoring UTC).

At 00:00:15 UTC the leapsecond indicator went off (recorded in the log).  Unfortunately Lady Heather's program did not log changes in the UTC offset value (it does now) so I don't know if the UTC offset flag changed from 14 to 15 at 00:00:00 GPS or at 00:00:15 GPS.  I suspect that it was the latter.