[time-nuts] Lady Heather's Leap Log

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 18:09:48 UTC 2009

All the CR/LF strangeness that I have been having are absolutely positively Microsoft's fault.  Hotmail is a web based email.  You enter your text in a standard web form.  Words wrap at the right margin.  When you get to the end of a paragraph you press RETURN to start a new paragraph and RETURN RETURN to start a new paragraph with a blank line between them.  This is the way every web form works.  And it is the way Hotmail has worked for the last 10+ years.

A couple months ago,  Billy G decided to pimp out the Hotmail user interface and in usual Microsoft style totally screwed things up.  Besides requiring three times as many clicks to log in,  many features either do not work or mess up.  The paragraph/RETURN thing is just one.  Sometimes you get your paragraph/spacing,  other times you don't.  Sometimes a button works,  sometimes it don't.  Sometimes you can log in,  sometimes you don't.  Sometimes it locks up,  sometimes it don't.  This occurs with both Firefox and Safari.  I don't use Internet Exploder.  I doubt that problems that are as apparent as these would have gone unnoticed and unfixed...  I can only assume the Microsoft has yet again intentionally hobbled a product so that it does not work with competitors products/browsers.  Luckily Hotmail is the sole Microsoft product that I have to use.