[time-nuts] Lady Heather's Leap Log

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 19:29:59 UTC 2009

I use web based email services for two main reasons.  First is that I know I can (and do) access my email from anywhere in the world .

Second is that it does not lock me into a particular ISP.  I am currently using SBC DSL for my home internet access.  Like every broadband supplier,  they keep raising their rates thinking that you will either not notice or that switching to a new supplier (and having to change email addresses) is too much of a hassle.  The next time SBC attempts to raise my rates,  they lose me as a customer and I switch to a different supplier and the cycle repeats.   I have had the same Hotmail addresses for over 10 years...  makes it easy for people to keep in touch.  Yes, I could get my own domain name and set up a permanent email address that way,  but that can make reason #1 more difficult.