[time-nuts] Common sky pps errors for any GPSDOs?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 21:58:55 UTC 2009

Hi Matt,

on Fury we typically see the 1PPS aligned to within +/-25ns or so without
calibration when two units use the same antenna feed.

There is a good paper on the M12+ receiver's accuracy from Synergy/NIST,
they tested five receivers against UTC (at UTC!!). They came up with a baseline
error of 2ns over 3 weeks when the units are calibrated.

You can find the paper on our website:

   _http://www.jackson-labs.com/docs/Motorola_M12.pdf_
(http://www.jackson-labs.com/docs/Motorola_M12.pdf)

We did not do tests over longer baselines yet.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 1/5/2009 11:32:06 Pacific Standard Time,