[time-nuts] LPRO-101 Heatsinking

Didier didier at cox.net
Tue Jan 13 01:03:05 UTC 2009

I run mine with a 20V laptop power brick and it runs quite cool, just warm
to the touch with a heatsink, resting flat on a table with no forced air
flow. Even after a couple of hours, the LPRO was just warm. I have not
checked spurs (I expect the switcher to produce some, even though it is FCC
approved), but it would be easy to make a power supply filter, and as soon
as I get around to it, that will be next on my ToDo list.

The thermistor/fan controller is a good idea, it can't hurt the long term
stability to regulate the temperature. I sense another project coming up, as
soon as I have finished integrating the Thunderbolt with a distribution
amplifier and my GPS Monitor:

http://www.ko4bb.com/Timing/Distribution_Amp/

Didier