[time-nuts] Sound cards

Lux, James P james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jan 14 00:09:26 UTC 2009

And, in a situation where the plastic fiber is just getting the databits from A/D into computer, as long as the BER is reasonably low, it works. You're not worried about actually using the fiber for accurate timing, just as a data transport.

BTW, the scenario of broken fiber held by the jacket is very close to the one failure I've had with plastic fiber.