[time-nuts] Free programs to read NEMA data.

Björn Gabrielsson bg at lysator.liu.se
Sat Jan 17 23:55:33 UTC 2009

Hi Warner,

On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 16:30 -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <ca1.4beaaa2e.36a3c0db at aol.com>
>             N3IZN at aol.com writes:
> :
> : OK I found my registration for NMEAT. Now that I upgraded my hobby PC I'm
> : giving it a work out by running as many applications as I can. I have NMEAT
> : running from a Jupiter GPS engine and I have T-Bolt mon going at the same time.
> : They are 16 seconds off from each other? I see on Tboltmon there is a field
> : for  UTC offset and 15 seconds is entered there. Any ideas?
>
> The current UTC GPS offset is 16, and has been for the last 17 days or
> so :)

That is not the view of USNO...

   ftp://tycho.usno.navy.mil/pub/gps/leapsecnanu.txt

nor the Meinberg receiver I take care of.

$ ntpq -c cv  timehost.lysator.liu.se | grep gps_utc

gps_utc_correction="current correction 15 sec, last correction on
cd068600.00000000  Thu, Jan  1 2009  0:00:00.000",

However I once had a Jupiter receiver where the NMEA output came 1.0xx
seconds late or 2.0xx seconds late. Btw, the Jupiter/Zodiac binary was
much better timed.

--

   Björn