[time-nuts] Off Topic question...

Dave Ackrill dave.g0dja at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 18:44:27 UTC 2009

John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> Folks, this started out as an off-topic question about getting
> inoculations, and has turned into something even more off-topic and less
> informative.

My appologies for starting this.  For the record, I asked similar
questions on a couple of other forums where I knew people from Canada
and the USA would be lurking or posting, as I needed a fairly rapid
informed response to allay my partners fears, and this one has taken off
like no other!

My sole intention was to reassure my partner that she could leave for
Canada and the USA on Friday without needing to visit the doctor for 101
innoculations, which many of the initial replies did, despite what one
of her less informed internet friends had suggested she would need...  I
did take on-board the 'Google is your friend' comments, as that's
normally my first port of call, but Kate is reasonably internet savvy
and knows the problems of making unrestricted Google searches on the
standard of the information received.  However the pointers to the
Canadian and USA official websites were very useful sources of reliable
information, and were gratefully received.  Thank you.

So, in future, I will know better where to ask, and where to keep stum.

Dave (G0DJA)