[time-nuts] Wenzel Oscillator Repair

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed Jan 21 16:34:41 UTC 2009

Hi Joe,

Nope, Magnus is talking about foam insulated hermetically sealed
ocxo's.

The point you are missing is the preheater is only set for a temperature
that the foam, etc. can take on a continuous basis... such as +105C.
This preheat reduces the amount of additional heat that must be added
to make the solder melt.  The net result is usually so nice that you
cannot even tell the foam has even been heated.

-Chuck Harris