[time-nuts] Home made GPS disciplined atomic clock

Esa Heikkinen scifiscifi at sci.fi
Tue Jan 27 22:45:41 UTC 2009

> Its relatively easy to assemble such a system.
> A PC sound card can be used as a spectrum analyser for measuring phase
> noise to within a few Hz of the carrier.

I still need some high quality reference oscillator. Do you have any
clue how much those Wenzel oscillators cost? There wasn't any prices on
website, may be the only way is to ask?

There seems to be interesting alternatives for the output oscillator too
(to clean the LPRO signal). One of those was even named "timekeeper".

Maybe it could be wise to buy one and use it for phase noise measurement
first and then put it in permament use as the output oscillator of the
reference, when the desired loop bandwith is known.

But of course if those units has price tag with four figures or so then
this is only daydreaming... :-)

--
73s!
Esa