[time-nuts] M12+T Oncore

Bob Ellis sillebob at mchsi.com
Thu Jul 2 21:51:18 UTC 2009

After an absence of several years I am back on the list. I am wondering how many are using the M12+T Oncore GPS in their GPSDO or whatever? More specifically how many would use the M12+T if there was an adapter to power the GPS and translate the signals to RS-232 levels? I have been selling an adapter for the UT+ Oncores on eBay for a while now but I'm thinking of making a board design for the newer GPS. Specifically it would provide regulated 5 and 3 volts, a MAX3232 chip for level translation, a buffered 1PPS output, and LEDs to indicate power and 1PPS heartbeat. Some or all the components would be SMDs. This could be an assembled board or a kit.

If this looks promising, I would be interested in what other features would be desirable. I have this breadboarded with through-hole components now and I am about ready to do a board layout. I would like some feedback to know if this idea is worthwhile or not.

Bob