[time-nuts] 1" 14 tpi UNS die

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Jul 7 14:32:41 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,

That would 3/4 inch NPT (National Pipe Thread).  In the UK it is known
as "Gas Pipe".  As far as I can tell, it is standard the world over.

There are some differences, that won't matter in your application.  In
Europe, NPT is frequently not tapered.  This is apparently the result of
not understanding that tapered pipe thread is self sealing.  As a result,
there have been all sorts of o-ring jamb nuts and other insane stuff done
"over there" to try and form a temporary seal... but I digress.

-Chuck Harris