Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 06:27:07 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the link, I already have this setup working but the problem
is that it does not have the necessary Java component to make the
Truetime web system work and I have not taken the time to see if this
could be engineered in. Regarding running it under Firefox with SUN
Java on Linux, or even Windows, it crashes and looking at the Java
debug output there seems to be embedded references to specific Windows
files, ie. C:\blah\blah\blah, for the MS Java component, hence it
throws out null pointer references.

As for GPS disciplined NTP black-boxes, I'd just keep looking. I paid
about US$180 for mine from somewhere in the US (sorry but the auction
listing has expired now and I have no further info). These must rotate
out some times and if you do see one advertised as only available to
the US (as is all too frequently the case with US auctions, sadly), it
is always worthwhile asking the seller politely if they would consider
a bid from you. It has worked for me a few times and I think sometimes
that the seller is not keen on selling to certain countries so they
see it easier to say US only. Anyway, good luck with this, I'm glad I
got mine, it's just a turn-key system and easy to setup.

Best regards,
Steve