[time-nuts] 10811 crystal orientation

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Jul 11 21:21:25 UTC 2009

bg at lysator.liu.se said:
> What GPSDO-products do compensate for tilt?
> It seem like a major error source -- if the user for some reason want
> to tilt a unit in holdover.

I would assume most GPSDOs are rack mounted and are unlikely to get tilted.

If tilt is this interesting, it should show up in data sheets.

I just took a look at the Thunderbolt.  It's got a max temperature change
spec on the holdover but no mention of tilt.

I didn't find any tilt type specs in the Z3801A manual.