[time-nuts] EZGPIB & delay triggers

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Mon Jul 13 07:59:28 UTC 2009

Bill,

there are two "sleep" commands:

1) Procedure EZGPIB_TimeSleep(HowLong:Double)

2) Procedure EZGPIB_TimeWaitForMultipleOf(Seconds:LongWord)

where Howlong is in seconds and starts immediately after call. The second
one is for you if you want to keep something synchronized to the computer's
clock. EZGPIB_TimeWaitForMultipleOf(10) will sleep up to second 10, 20, 30,
50, 0 whatever is the closest. EZGPIB_TimeWaitForMultipleOf(60) will wait up
to the start of the next minute.

> I am trying to use EZGPIB with a HP 5370A and I want to trigger a
> reading on a 10 to 30 second interval.
> I want the use EZGPIB to do long term comparisons of various
> oscillators, I am not interested (at this time)
> on jitter less than tau < 1 seconds or so

I fear, that THIS not only a matter of sleeping! Please explain your
experiment more in detail. Are you doing frequency or phase measurements?

73s de Ulrich, DF6JB