[time-nuts] Purchasing a Trimble GPS timing solution

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Mon Jul 13 12:47:32 UTC 2009

Hi David,

(I did not check the exact offer of your CN supplier)

How do you intend to mount the antenna? How long a cable must you run from
the Tbolt to the antenna?

Will a small magnetic mount antenna puck with a 3-5 meter thin koax
attached mount ok and give a clear view of the sky?  If yes, then go for
that solution.

If you need (and are allowed) to make a longer cable run up to a
roof-mounted antenna to get good sky visibility then go for a better
antenna. VIC-100/Motorola/HP/Agilent/Symmetricom GPS timing antenna comes
to mind.

Good luck!

--

   Björn