[time-nuts] EZGPIB & delay triggers

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Mon Jul 13 17:22:12 UTC 2009

Hi, Bill --

I hate to "Osborne" myself since it's still in a pretty incomplete state of
development, but I'm working on a new GPIB app that does one-stop shopping
for time-interval measurements.  It will run on the 5370A/B first.  If you
were to use this app to make the measurements you mentioned, you'd most
likely feed the 1-pps output of your reference source to the Start channel
on the 5370, and feed 10 MHz from the unit under test to the Stop channel.
The program will then receive one result per second from the counter and
draw you an ADEV graph, at which point you can load and display
previously-saved files for direct comparison.  More later on that, just
giving you a heads-up so you don't do any R&D work that you don't actually
have to.

One way you can accomplish the same thing now is to run the 5370b.exe
console app from my package, pipe the output to a file, and read it with
Ulrich's PLOTTER utility (which is a separate app from EZGPIB).  That will
save you from having to do any scripting work.

-- john, KE5FX