[time-nuts] Z38XX software and HP 58503A

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Sun Jul 19 08:23:42 UTC 2009

Stan,

your observations are correct but what you may feel is a flaw of the newer
versions is indeed a big improvement: Z38XX does nothing until it has
identified the attched unit and knows exactly how to do with it.
"Identifying" is not simply a means of getting an answer to *IDN? but to
detect something known in the answer. Send me a log file made from the debug
window and I will include the HP58503 into the group of "known" devices.

Best regards
Ulrich