[time-nuts] LPRO-101 Status

Don Key don.key at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 25 08:36:08 UTC 2009

I recently bought 2 LPRO-101's. The first worked perfectly, locking up
within 5 minutes.

The second one would not lock within 15 minutes, so I returned it (to China)
for a replacement. As I didn't have a heatsink, I didn't want to leave it
any longer. Besides, if it doesn't lock within 5 minutes, then I assume it
is faulty. Instead of the frequency sweeping up & down, the Xtal volts
started at around 6V2, then swept down to 0V & stayed there, leaving the
frequency about 180Hz low, as seen on a HP 8591E analyzer.

Out of interest, did your unit sweep up & down, or was it similar to mine?

...Jim