[time-nuts] Multiple Voltage monitoring

Matt Ettus boyscout at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 22:44:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Tom Van Baak<tvb at leapsecond.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have a good solution for monitoring 4-8 different voltages
>> at the same time?  I only need a sample rate around 1-2 Hz, but would
>> need GPIB, serial, or ethernet support with protocol documentation.
>>
>> Any help identifying a solution other than 8 voltmeters would be much
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Matt
>
> Check out http://www.labjack.com
>
> /tvb

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions, and to Tom in particular
for the LabJack suggestion.  I hadn't heard of many of those
companies.  In the end, I decided to go with the LabJack UE9, which is
inexpensive, flexible, and has an ethernet interface.  LabJack seems
to be very supportive of open source, their protocols are all open,
and they even provide Linux, Mac, and Python drivers!

Also interesting, check out:

http://cloud.labjack.com

This is their data acquisition server service...  Very cool idea.

Matt