[time-nuts] Sound Cards for locking to GPSDO 10 MHz references

Connie Marshall connie.marshall at suddenlink.net
Wed Jun 3 00:38:25 UTC 2009

Hi Rex,

Here is a plot of my sound card. Maybe I'm just lucky with this particular
sound card/computer, but the drift was only about 250 micro Hertz over a
four hour period. Also for critical measurements I try to run at 200 Hz
center frequency rather than 1000 Hz. Cuts the error by five. Maybe that's
not practical for you modulation schema.

I did not bother to calibrate the sound card before I started the test so
there is about 550 micro Hertz of static error when the test starts.

www.k5cm.com/soundcard.htm

73,

Connie
K5CM