[time-nuts] Efratom FRS 10mhz rubidium frequency oscillator+ board

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Fri Jun 5 21:56:31 UTC 2009

In a message dated 05/06/2009 22:50:44 GMT Daylight Time, yuri at ostry.ru
writes:

By the  way, I still think about building something more useful to be
put to the  same place in that nice metal box. For example PIC with
serial interface to  the outside world and fine tuning DAC to adjust Rb
source, plus cleanup PLL  loop with TCXO, plus some divider to 2
or 4 isolated outputs... Maybe same  PIC for monitoring everything inside,
from temperatures and voltages to Rb  unit health status (lamp voltage,
lock status, etc)...

If enough  people have such units, it may become group  project...

Hi Yuri

That's an interesting thought but those that Bob is supplying are  offered
without the metal box.
He does have them available but estimates the weight at 5Kg which, for me
anyway, would have put too much on the delivery cost.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR