[time-nuts] Time/freq from digital TV

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 14 12:07:06 UTC 2009

Hi Magnus that may be the case in some countries I suppose. Surely the
accuracy is only required at the  end of the transmission link, the frames
from different sources are then resynchronised, and it is not "necessary" to
transmit nationwide accurately synced frames?? The UK is "privatised" and
content distribution network and transmitters are no longer owned by the
programme companies, and they probably have little say in this aspect except
that it will depend upon the price they are willing to pay.......... hence
the BBC engineer did not think it a "reliable form of frequency distribution
in the UK"....this does not mean it might not be useful!

Alan