[time-nuts] Thunderbolt stability and ambient temperature

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Mon Jun 15 00:30:28 UTC 2009

Here in Florida, we routinely store water in prevision of the next big one.

Plastic water bottles (any brand) start looking funny (shrunk) after a few
months, and downright scary (as in: you don't want to drink from THAT) after
a year or so.

It seems the gallon jugs do somewhat better than the smaller bottles. I had
jugs that still looked OK after a year, but not good after two. The pastic
seems much thicker, and maybe it slows down the process?

It's been like that for as long as I have lived here, i.e. since 1985. I do
not know if it is related to the climate. It makes no appreciable difference
if the water is stored in the garage (no A/C) or in the house.

Didier KO4BB