[time-nuts] Lifetime of glass containers

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jun 15 19:23:40 UTC 2009

dave at uk-ar.co.uk said:
> Or as someone else suggested, use a Glass container.   So long as you
> don't want it to last for many 100's of years, as Glass is not a
> solid, it is a "super cooled fluid" and as such it flows like Ice over
> time, just that it takes much much longer to do so!

As best as I can tell, the glass-is-a-liquid story is bunk.
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass#Behavior_of_antique_glass

I was going to ask if anybody had tried to measure it.  That seems like something a time-nut would know about.

The astronomers have been running tests for years.  Their mirrors don't seem to sag enough to notice, and they are very good at noticing tiny distortions.