[time-nuts] test mailing from a new member

David Bengtson david.bengtson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 02:20:08 UTC 2009

Well, there's what I would like it to say, and then there is reality...

I'm an RF engineer by profession, and I've been lurking on this list
for a while, soaking up knowledge. I picked up one of the Thunderbolts
from TAPR, and have had that running, hooked up to Lady Heather, so
I've played a bit with that box, watching it get lock, and reduce the
error over time. I've just

 I've recently gotten an opportunity to work on a GPSDO at work, and
so I now have a real need to pick up some more information on the
design tradeoffs and approaches in a GPSDO. I've plowed through a pile
of old emails, but it's difficult to get a good overview from email
threads.

I would appreciate links to discussions on the tradeoffs inherent in a
GPSDO. Sampling clock rate, filter bandwidths, jitter requirements
etc.

Thanks

Dave