[time-nuts] Efratom FRS 10mhz rubidium frequency oscillator+ board

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Tue Jun 16 09:50:36 UTC 2009

Bill's connection info for Lucent FRS module, forwarded as agreed.
Nigel GM8PZR

In a message dated 02/06/2009 02:11:10 GMT Daylight Time, wje at quackers.net
writes:

Much to  my amazement, I did find some notes on the DB-25 15Mhz board
pinout:

1  +24V
2 +24V
3 Gnd
4 Gnd
5
6 Freq Adj (this goes directly to the  FRS, the board does nothing with it)
7 Gnd
8 -Enable +
9
10 Enable  - (notes are unclear on 8, 10, 11, 12. See note below)
11 To 11 on other  unit
12 to Fault+ on other unit
13 External 1 (this goes to whatever the  dual-osc unit plugs into,
function unknown)
14
15 External 2
16  Fault +
17 Fault -
18 Ready +
19 Ready -
20 Gnd
21 Standby  +
22 Standby -
23
24
25

Pins with no assignment are not  used.

Note - as mentioned in the previous post, two units cross-monitor  each
other. One is selected as primary by a manual switch. The notes I  found
didn't cover the details, but if I remember correctly, +/- enable
selects the primary (one unit is enabled, one disabled). Then, a fault
assertion by the primary will cause the secondary to become primary. The
secondary's 15Mhz output is disabled; only the primary provides an  output.

The control lines are all TTL compatible, and are always  provided in
complimentary pairs.

Finally, these pinouts came from  tracing a live unit and observing
behavior. They might not be completely  accurate, but they're close.

Bill Ezell
They said  'Windows or better'
so I used Linux.