[time-nuts] OT favorite signal generator?

Patrick optomatic at rogers.com
Fri Jun 19 14:41:41 UTC 2009

Hi James

Thanks for your feedback on this.

My needs are probably very privative compared to those of the people on
this list. I service a lot of the time without a schematic so I spend a
lot of time figuring out how the circuit works. I was thinking that if I
injected a signal with a known waveform I could follow it around the
amplification circuits and such. My only real need is to create
something that does not appear to already be there. For instance I don't
see many triangle waves, if I produced one I could following it around
with my oscilloscope. So in terms of frequency just a few hertz would
do, heck even 1 would probably be fine. My only concern is that some of
the circuits are high impedance and have low voltages. It might be a
good idea if I could get down somewhere into the uV range.

Thanks again!-Patrick