[time-nuts] Datachron, Inc.

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 01:07:48 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

What happened to Datachron?  I'm trying to dig up a manual for an IRIG-B
display, Datachron model 3700-205 that I just picked up on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290323873289

It came in today and powers up, and looks just like it does in the
pictures.  Doesn't seem to do anything more than that, either!   I'm trying
to drive it using NMEATime software.  It seems that no matter what amplitude
I'm using, the display does nothing.  I reseated all IC chips, wiggled
connectors, the standard sort of thing.  No change.   Datachron appears to
have gone out of business, but I'm hopeful that somebody just bought them,
changed their name, and has a hidden supply of manuals somewhere.

Thanks,
Bob, N3XKB