[time-nuts] Orbiting crystals

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Sun Jun 28 09:59:24 UTC 2009

Thanks all.

Let's explain why I would like to look at orbiting crystals.
In brief, along with some friends of mine, I am carrying some
experimental work in the field of gravitational anomalies, and
tests with vibrating matter are part of this work.
This field of research has a background also in the work of
others with atomic clocks. As an example, the Chinese
Professor S.W.Zhou believed that at least one of his cesium
clocks changed its rate in the path of a solar eclipse. See

http://home.t01.itscom.net/allais/blackprior/zhou/zhou-1.pdf

Look simply at the graphs. Zhou believed that cesium itself
changed its rate, and instead I believe that the cesium-
steered crystal "jumped". The plots actually would suggest
jumps.

Yes, crystal jumps are rare events. By "jump" I mean what has
been well described by Magnus. I had never observed one at
home, but clear examples may be often seen on the online GPSDO
in Colima, Mexico.

Making experiments during eclipses would almost always mean
that a measuring instrument should be put in the eclipse path.
This is not always possible, or at least it is quite
expensive. So, I thought to take advantage of remote crystals
that could transmit data about themselves while crossing
eclipses.

As far as I can understand, crystal jumps may not be due only
to strain release, but also to rapid migration from one to
another metastable state and vice-versa. I'm wondering if this
could also occur in the presence of special gravitational
circumstances such as during eclipses. We have clues (and even
more the prior art has) that eclipses are special from the
gravitational point of view (something strange and
unpredictable does occur, looks like the forces do not play as
expected) but we have not yet devised the ultimate
undisputable test. We are still collecting clues, and the
behavior of crystals in the eclipse path could give its
contribution.

Maybe the probability to get a significant result is not worth
the effort of setting up, but I would like to explore this.

Thanks for the tips and for cautioning me against the possible
problems. Anyway I take from this brief discussion that there
might be some possibility. I will meditate about.

Bye,
Antonio I8IOV